Poppy Class and Daisy Class
The year 2 classes are called Poppy and Daisy.
Our topics include Fire!Fire! and All Around the World! We have lots of fun activities in all our topics.
In Year 2 at Ghost Hill you will have the opportunity to go on a residential to Holt Hall at Christmas time and a summer trip to the Norfolk Show. You will also make a moving fire engine, learn how to put up a tent, learn lots of songs, have dress up days and even go on an aeroplane!
As part of Book Week and to celebrate World Book Day; Daisy and Poppy Class dressed up as their favourite book characters and shared their favourite stories with the Reception classes in the outdoors. Everyone had a wonderful week of reading! What Nursery Rhyme do you think the teachers are representing?
We love science!
Poppy and Daisy Class discovered...
- "the wax from the candle is waterproof"
- "the candle felt like wellies and wellies are waterproof"
- "it felt like a raincoat too"
- "if you put too much watery paint on it then the paper soaks it up and makes it soggy"
- "the water went over the wax and didn't stick to it"
- "you need to push down hard and put lots of wax on then it works better"
- "the white wax crayons worked better than the wax candle"
We made 'telephones' to explore how sound travels. We also investigated micro-habitats in our outdoor area, looked at what lives there, and why it is a good habitat for that animal/plant. Each group made their own micro-habitat using natural objects.
Year 2 Trips
Holt Hall Residential
In the second half of the Autumn term, the children in year 2 have the wonderful opportunity to stay at Holt Hall for two nights. This is an experience thoroughly enjoyed by both children and staff who attend.
All the activities undertaken at Holt Hall are themed around Christmas and are very creative and imaginative. The children enjoy the chance to stay with their friends and become much more independent from this experience.